Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 21st, Home Away from Home

Nick got released from the Hospital today. We arrived at the Hackermans Patz House. What a wonderful place to stay while we are away from home. This place is amazing. It is really nice and everything in here has been donated. Video games, big screen TV, furniture, etc. There is a kitchen for light cooking, a grill to use if you want, a great gathering room, patio. Each room has a small fridge, and private bathroom. We are sharing with house with families from Nebraska, Iowa, Texas, California, Ohio, Tennesee, New York, and Florida. I feel like a light weight for only having to drive for four hours. It has been nice to meet the other families. Great comfort to be able to talk to another family about what to expect for our recovery. there is another boy staying here who also has the ISKD. Hope to find out if his monitoring device works any better than ours. It is frustrating when you are supposed to get a reading and it just wont even after trying for 30 minutes non stop. Glad to be in a normal room. I am looking for a good night sleep. Those pull out chair conversion cots are not good for sleeping.

Posted by Nick's Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude you are one heck of a trooper! Being in the hospital sucks I know how it is, and you look like your handeling it a lot better than I ever would. You know me, I probably would have decked someone by now. But its good to know that everything is going well. This site your parents set up was one heck of a good idea. Ohh! And by the way You, Maeve, Margaux, and I are going to have to go to TGI Fridays when you get back. And I can't wait till you get back cause I'm gonna skool you at b-ball. Ya you might have to kinda hobble down the court but how good of shape I'm in and how well my shot is I'm pretty sure you'll be just fine. I would call those terms fair don't you think? Haha, and the sad thing is thats true. But, hang in there cause we all miss you man.